The Blue Mountains has a number of dog off-leash areas. Each dog off-leash exercise area has a sign to outline the conditions of use.
Dog off-leash etiquette
Conditions of use for Dog Off-Leash areas:
- Dog off-leash area hours of use must be obeyed at all times
- Any dog displaying aggression must be removed from the dog off-leash area immediately
- Dog must be under effective control at all times
- Dog waste is to be disposed of in the bin/s provided.
- Council Rangers regularly patrol these areas and may issue fines for breaches.
- Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Dog owners are required to stop dogs from digging and must repair all damage that may occur.
- Any children attending a dog off-leash area must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Female dogs in a state of heat (in season) are not permitted in the dog off-leash area.
- All dogs should have their current vaccination.
Blue Mountains City Council: Web: https://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/dogs ~ Tel: 02 4780 5000
Old Hat Hill Air Strip
274-318 Hat Hill Road, Blackheath
171 Great Western Highway, Blackheath
12 Moore Street, Glenbrook
Mitchells Pass Road, Glenbrook
28-40 Mistral Street, Katoomba
Fitzgerald Street, Katoomba
Katoomba Falls Reserve
101 Cliff Drive, Katoomba
Former Lawson Golf Course
48-78 Wilson Street, Lawson
34-36 Gordon Road, Leura NSW 2780
Sun Valley Reserve
26-130 Sun Valley Road, Sun Valley
3-14 Matcham Avenue, Wentworth Falls
326 Hawkesbury Road, Winmalee
Great Western Highway, Woodford