Updated 29th June 2021
There are wonderful “Dog-friendly bushwalks” in the Blue Mountains. Our interactive eMag highlights many of them.
When you open the eMag on your mobile device, you can save it to your desktop. That way each time you open it, it will auto-refresh. On your computer, you can add it to your bookmarks.
You can also visit www.askroz.com.au and do your own search for walks in a specific location.
Blue Mountains City Council – Dog off-leash etiquette
Conditions of use for Dog Off-Leash areas:
- Dog off-leash area hours of use must be obeyed at all times
- Any dog displaying aggression must be removed from the dog off-leash area immediately
- Dogs must be under effective control at all times
- Dog waste is to be disposed of in the bin/s provided.
- Council Rangers regularly patrol these areas and may issue fines for breaches.
- Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Dog owners are required to stop dogs from digging and must repair all damage that may occur.
- Any children attending a dog off-leash area must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Female dogs in a state of heat (in season) are not permitted in the dog off-leash area.
- All dogs should have their current vaccination.