JUST ANNOUNCED – Blackheath to Little Hartley preferred option. Together the Australian and NSW Governments are investing $2.5 billion towards upgrading the Great Western Highway between Katoomba and Blackheath, and between Little Hartley and Lithgow, respectively. The Great Western Highway Upgrade will reduce congestion, deliver safer, more efficient and reliable journeys for those travelling in, around and through the Blue Mountains, and better connect communities in the Central West.
Transport for NSW (Transport) is proposing to widen the Great Western Highway between Katoomba and Blackheath to two lanes in each direction. The upgrade is split into two sections:
- Katoomba to Medlow Bath between Rowan Lane, Katoomba and Bellevue Crescent, Medlow Bath (about 3.5 kilometres)
- Medlow Bath to Blackheath between Station Street, Medlow Bath and Tennyson Road, Blackheath (about 1.8 kilometres)
Transport is now seeking your feedback on the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) and Concept Design for the proposed Katoomba to Blackheath Upgrade.
You can view the Katoomba to Blackheath Upgrade and make a submission now until midnight 19 June at our virtual consultation room. Or read a hard copy of the REF at (hard copies will arrive in the locations below from this Wednesday):
- Katoomba Library
- Katoomba Council Headquarters (foyer)
- Glenbrook customer service counter
- Blaxland Library
𝗕𝗟𝗨𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗠𝗔𝗫𝗜 🚕
Available 24/7 – Up to 11 people
Call: 0423 890 670
WHAT IS AN REF?
Your input is important in helping to design the best upgrade we can for Katoomba to Blackheath. We invite you to review the proposed plans, understand the environmental impacts and have your say.
𝗕𝗟𝗨𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗭𝗜𝗡𝗚 🔭🌖
Breathtaking stargazing tours in the
Blue Mountains with an Astrophysicist
Book on-line now
QR code sign in will be required. If you are unwell on the day, please do not attend the premises.
- Wednesday 18 May 2022 – 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Hartley Community Hall
- Wednesday, 25 May 2022 – 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Seminar Room, Katoomba Cultural Centre
- Saturday, 4 June 2022 – 10:00am – 12:00pm — Blackheath Neighbourhood Centre
- Monday 23 May 2022 – 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Tuesday 31 May 2022 – 6:30 – 8:00pm – Katoomba to Blackheath (REF) specialised online session: Biodiversity and water quality
- Monday 6 June 2022 – 6:30pm-8:00pm – Katoomba to Blackheath (REF) specialised online session: Localised access/construction and completion
- Thursday 9 June 2022 – 6:30 – 8:00pm