It all starts once Scenic World closes to the public for the day. After being fitted with full-body harnesses, we take just four guests at a time out on the iconic Skyway cable car to the middle of the Jamison Valley, 270m above the rainforest canopy below. BEYOND SKYWAY at Scenic World Blue Mountains
Scenic World’s Beyond Skyway experience is launched on 22 February 2022 in the Blue Mountains, offering the ultimate adventure that’s truly globally unique.
It all starts once Scenic World closes to the public for the day. The Beyond Skyway experience takes just four guests at a time out on the iconic Skyway cable car into the middle of the Jamison Valley. Suspended 270 metres above the ancient rainforest canopy below, guests accompanied by our rooftop crew, climb up through the hatch to spend time atop of the cable car. Once on the roof, with no glass or fences to restrict the 360-degree view, the immersive experience is both exhilarating and completely serene.
Beyond Skyway Highlights
- Take in the majestic Katoomba Falls, the iconic Three Sisters, Mount Solitary and many other landmarks of the Jamison Valley from a whole new perspective as the setting sun creates a kaleidoscope of colours across the horizon.
- Hear the calls of Yellow-Tailed Black Cockatoos flying underneath you and marvel at multiple ecosystems just by turning your head— there’s something to see in every direction, while suspended above the stunning UNESCO World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park.
- Guests are invited to relax on the rooftop picnic rug and custom wooden seating to take in the incredible views while enjoying a Beyond Skyway Signature Mocktail or a toasty mug of hot chocolate when the weather turns cooler. It’s the ideal experience for people celebrating a special occasion, outdoor enthusiasts, aspirational travel seekers, and those searching for that perfect Instagrammable moment.
- Safety is the top priority at Scenic World, guests are fitted with full-body harnesses before heading out, and with a strict height safety system in place, guests can explore the rooftop with confidence.
- For the more adventurous, hanging their feet over the edge is an option, or leaning out and seeing all the way to the valley floor is another way to get the heart racing. Others will enjoy a more relaxed experience that comes with such a strong connection to the surrounding landscape.
Scenic World Managing Director Anthea Hammon said she is thrilled to offer a world-first, premium experience to visitors that showcase the Blue Mountains at its finest.
“Beyond Skyway offers an unforgettable experience that you can’t replicate anywhere else in the world. It’s the type of experience that stays with you for life, one that will surprise, delight, and leave you feeling either exhilarated or completely serene.
“We’ve had a challenging two years due to Covid lockdowns, border closures, bushfires and a La Niña summer but with international borders opening yesterday and the launch of Beyond Skyway, we are excited to move forward. We cannot wait to welcome people, from all over Australia and the world, back to the Blue Mountains to take in the amazing scenery and to feel on top of the world.”
Tickets are extremely limited. A maximum of 16 people can experience Beyond Skyway each evening. Bookings opened 22 February, and first sessions open to the public on March 4.
Bookings are essential at www.scenicworld.com.au/beyond-
More info and booking details: https://www.scenicworld.com.au/beyond-skyway