Mount Wilson (1008m)
This location was surveyed by W. R. Govett in 1833. However, it was not until after 1867, when it was rediscovered by George Bartley Bowen and subsequently surveyed and subdivided by Edward Sanford Wyndham of the Government Survey Department, that the area was settled.
In 1868 the Deputy Surveyor-General P. F. Adams, while visiting the survey camp, named the area Mount Wilson after the Minister for Lands John Bowie Wilson. The lots did not sell quickly until the opening of the Mount Wilson railway platform in 1875, within twelve months of which all the original blocks were sold.